Thursday 26 July 2012

Living in the calm before the storm

Last year around this time, I made a decision that I need to do something about my health.  I was always tired, no energy, a walking dead man.  I felt dead inside.  So by November (Yes, November.  I am a BIG procrastinator and fearful of change), I started to actually do something about it.  I did a raw food detox which helped me go from 300 pounds to 280 in a month.  I stayed at 280 till May, where I gained some weight back, about 290 now.

I feel like I am living in the calm before the storm.  Meaning, I see what will happen to me if I do not change my ways now.  Right now, my health is stable.  I can see into the future by looking at my dad and family members.  My dad was strong as an ox when I was a kid.  But after his first heart attack, things changed.  His poor diet and lack of exercise led to the heart attack and triple by-pass surgery.

I have 2 little girls of my own and I owe it to them to lead by example what a healthy parent should be.  They are only 3 years old and 18 months, and I already feel that my lack of energy is taking me away from them to do things together.   I want my kids to have an active father.  Dinner at the dinner table.  You want to play?  Sure, I got energy for that!  I use to lie down on the floor where my kids were playing and fall asleep there, that was my quality time with them! 

The old me was always depressed, sad, angry, hateful, introverted and scared.  These behaviours and thought patterns are what help lead to poor health.  Hence, the past 34 years of my life!

I see what the future holds IF I do not change my ways.  I do not like that picture.

So I am visualizing my new picture NOW:

ME!

FULL OF ENERGY!

SMILING AND ENJOYING LIFE WITH MY FAMILY! 

MY BODY LOOKS AMAZING!

MY HEALTH IS IMPECCABLE!

LIFE FROM HERE ON OUT IS WORTH LIVING!

THE MOST POSITIVE, LOVING LIFE, PERSON EVER!  

ANY, ANY, OF MY OLD NEGATIVE THOUGHTS COME TO MY MIND, I SAY, "THANK YOU FOR THOSE EXPERIENCES FOR THEY HELP ME TO LEARN, GROW AND NURTURE MYSELF INTO A BETTER PERSON NOW!"

Just call me Mister Positivity!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone else seems to have problem with me being single and happy. I have learned my lessons from a few failed relationships due to infidelity. I caught my last date cheating with the help of a Spy-app sent to me by this Cyber genius ''hackingloop6@gmail . c o m'',ever since then I decided to play it single, it is better to be single than with the wrong person. you can also text or call hackingloop on + 1 (612) 502-3647,for any hacking assistance,he's a legit hacker.

    ReplyDelete