Friday 20 July 2012

FIRST RANT!!!!!!

I got to rant!  
I need to vent!
Get this off my chest!
Do you enjoy your work?

I mean, I got a great schedule, very flexible, I work in a grocery store here in Montreal.  If I am not on the road doing purchases, I am in the store at the cash register. I don't mind driving and meeting with wholesalers and placing orders, but to stand behind the desk and cash, drives me nuts!

Sometimes I get the most ridiculous customers!  Now since everyone is so "environmentally friendly," I get some customers who insist on placing the groceries in their reusable bags.  That's just fine and dandy, but PAY FIRST BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE BAGS!!!!!  Most grocery stores have a sign as you enter stating, "Please use our carts and not your enviro-bags."  Or something to that effect.  Why oh why is that so hard to understand?  Yes, there are those who will put it in their bags and come to the cash, pay for the goods they wish to purchase and leave merrily singing a happy tune.  But then there are those who will place the stuff in their bags and just leave!  "OOPS! I forgot to pay. I'm so sorry."  Maybe they really did forget, maybe (but how do you not notice you came in with an empty bag and leaving with a 20 pound bag instead?).  Or maybe they came in with the intention to steal?  Either way, I am not accusing anyone of stealing, but to avoid any problems, JUST USE A DAMN CART!!!

Then there are those who need to use the phone.  This was more a problem before cells but it still happens.  Sure you can use the phone, that is not a problem.  What is a problem is when you want to spend half hour on the phone talking.  This is a store phone.  You need to make a QUICK call, sure, go ahead.  Or the over zealous people that need to talk so loud so everyone can hear them.  Or worse yet, I had a guy dropping F-bombs, talking loudly and on the phone for quite some time.  I asked him several times to please watch his language and that this is a store phone for QUICK calls.  After the third F-bomb (and 15 minutes in)  I just placed my finger down on the phone and hung up his call.  Obviously he was pissed at me, but I got a business to run.  Then he swore to never shop here again!  So what does that mean?  He did not buy anything anyway, and now my phone bill will be less?

Don't get me wrong, there are great customers too.  Some customers come in, smile pleasantly, talk nicely and most of all, USE THEIR COMMON SENSE.  There are regular customers who you are happy to greet and really get to know them and their lives.  But sometimes the bad just outweighs the good. All it takes is one @$$hole to spoil your day.  And this is where the "NEW ME" is trying to come in.

I am trying, really trying, trying hard, to remain positive.  It is hard.  Hell ya it is hard.  But this is the beginning of my journey to the new me.  So even when faced with difficult customers, I need to separate myself from my ego and remain calm.  By letting them piss me off, it is only doing more harm to myself.  So how to deal with it?  Any suggestions?  Right now, I just take a deep breath and mutter "@$$hole" under my breath, I feel that by doing this, I release my tensions and I move on.  But I think I need to change that to something more positive.  


These were just two instances that came up that I remembered.  But there are A LOT more.  I like blogging about this cause I can get it off my chest.  Maybe I can do that next time a situation arises.   Remind myself to blog about this when I get home and how I handled it, positively, and my real thought as it went on.  

1 comment:

  1. If you ever wondered why your partner gets some weird calls or vibrations from text messages late at night, don't be a victim and never allow your devotion to be played.Find out the truth and clear your relationship or marital doubt. reach out to "hackingloop6@ gmail . com".He's a legit hacker,he helped me get closure to my cheating ex's phone activities during divorce..also text or call him on + 1 (6 1 2) 502 - 3647.tell him i referred you.

    ReplyDelete