Wednesday 31 July 2013

That's the power of love!!!

I got this song stuck in my head!  And I accept that! Feel like listening to it while I type this up, so I will!

Ever since I got back home from the Kyle Cease event last week in LA, I just feel so great!  I was stuck in traffic yesterday and instead of being annoyed, I chose to just accept it and focused my attention to all the beautiful greenery around me.  I never noticed just how many trees were along my route.  Instead of having a hectic drive, it was calm and joyous!

I also stopped listening to the radio when I drive.  Before I would listed to talk radio station, CJAD 800 am.  But it is constantly bad news!  Even the topics they cover for programming is NEVER something uplifting!  So now I download inspirational calls onto my phone and hit play when I drive.  I listen to the DDPYOGA podcast, Body Enlightenment calls and I just downloaded the podcast from Kyle Cease, which I have not listened to yet. 

Even the music I have on my phone I am deleting.  It is all so negative!  I choose now to only listen to more uplifting music.  Not gospel or something of that nature, but music that promotes love and joy! For example, the song from my favourite movie as a child was (you guessed it!), Huey Lewis and the News song, Power of Love, from the movie Back to the Future! 

It's ok if you laugh at that!  I do not mind.

It is what speaks to me and the kind of music I want to feel the energy from.  The negative energy from the types of music that glorify violence and promote hate are the types of music that keep me down and angry. 

I listened to too much of that stuff in the past.  Those cd's (yes, I still have cd's!) are going out of my home and car! 

I have such an amazing circle of people on Facebook as friends now.  Friends from TeamDDPyoga.com and friends from the Kyle Cease event!  I only see positive posts now on my Facebook page. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I think if people just upgrade their music from depressing to positive it would make a huge difference in their outlook. Here's to being in a great space. :)

    ReplyDelete