Wednesday 10 July 2013

MY KINGDOM FOR A CHICKEN WING!!!!!

It has been a little over a week now on the raw food detox and man-o-man! I could really go for some chicken wings right about now!  As mentioned in the previous post, it is do or die for me this time around.  The raw foods detox is 8 weeks preparation and 6 weeks actual detox!  And I am on week ONE of preparation!!!!

I can daydream about it. I close my eyes and hear the Styrofoam package opening, my anticipation is at its peak. The sight of the golden brown chicken wing, so tender and plump, glistening with oil.  The intoxicating smell, so arousing! I can smell the spices!  The feel of the chicken wings, the warm oil gently burning my fingers as I hold the wing between my index finger and thumb. And finally taste! The oil running to the sides on my mouth as I bite down. The explosion of barbecue spices as it hits my tongue! The delicate meat being savored and chewed with immense pleasure!

After reading that you think someone has a food orgasm!  And there is the problem.

My whole life, has always been about food, and the wrong choices of food at that!

Yes, I can easily indulge in some chicken wings right now at this very moment, but who am I really hurting?  Eating it is only doing more harm to me.  Sabotaging my progress on this detox.
That little demon voice that says, 'A- It's only week one of the detox, it's okay.  B- Nobody else will know.  C- You are doing the workouts, you can easily burn of a couple of wings!'

A+ Well, yes it is week one and if I screw up now, I might as well not bother doing the detox. I choose to look at the detox as a challenge set before me that instead of a chore.

B+ And yes, nobody else will know, but I will.  I will not fully eat that wing with pleasure, there will be a ton of guilt associated with it.

C+ And yes, I am doing some great workouts with ddpyoga, but why burn off the deep fried chicken wings when I can burn off years of stored up fat and feel better everyday?

So I CHOOSE not to indulge in the chicken wings right now. After the detox, I will have some wings, but wings I prepare. Organic grain fed seasoned chicken wings, that are oven-baked with grilled veggies on the side. OR I CAN KILL MYSELF WITH DEEP FRIED MSG COATED CHICKEN WINGS WITH A SIDE OF FRIES!  I choose the latter of the two.

Also, if I get the right combination of spices, I can season up some veggies, it might not be the same texture of chicken, but I will be satisfied with the alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment