Thursday 5 September 2013

Flipping the switch



So just like that, overnight, like the flip of a switch, I went from pissed off, angriest person on the planet, to smiling and laughing, enjoying and embracing life. (I seriously think something is wrong with me!)

You all know (cause I keep posting about it), about the Kyle Cease Event I went to in July.  Kyle Cease said he challenges all of us in attendance to do something for 90 days consecutively and see the benefits.  If you do not go through with it, you have to do something you do not want to do.  For example, let's say you're vegan and you decide to meditate for 90 days; if not, then eat a steak.  Got it? Ok, good.  Well, one of the people I met there decided to post a 90 day vlog about how his life is changing since the event.

I watched his Day 44 of 90 video and half way through it, I just started to smile and laugh. Here it is:
 
 
Well, after listening to his words, I got this song stuck in my head:
 


 
 
Well, it was really the Ned Flanders version from The Simpsons that got stuck in my head, but I could not find that video, but you get my point!  I also called up a friend of mine I have not seen in quite some time.  He is the one person I can VENT to, I mean really VENT to and not worry about what I say or how many profanities I let out.  Well, he was at work, but at this time, I did not need to vent, just wanted to know when he was free to meet up.  (Next week.)  He is great for me to vent with, but sometimes he can be a little negative towards me as well.  So I limit my exposure. It's like being in the sun.  For a short period of time, you absorb vitamin D but too long and you will get burned!
 
Then, This morning I listened to the www.ddpradio.com call from last night, and they are discussing my last post before this one!  About emotional gravity and how to deal with it.  They read my post and commented about it.  While they read it, it made me a little choked up to hear my words being read out, but at the same time, I had the thought in my head, ''God, I sound like a little whiney bitch!''  They said, they all understand where I was coming from and gave great tips like joining a Jujitsu class to help alleviate the anger I had stored up in me from the days of being bullied.  Then DDP commented...
 
DDP gave some great advice for dealing with the negativity, but then he called me out on the comment I made about the yoga and meditation not working for me.  He said that was bullshit!  (His words, not mine!)  I understand his comment though.  I was doing the workouts, but since I was stuck in my head, I let the negativity prevail and said I could not do better.  I have been feeling very tired for about the last 3 weeks or so.  My workouts were more like traditional yoga and not DDP YOGA.  So I was beating myself up over that.  But I also think that since I was stuck in my head, I did not try to push harder than what I felt I was capable of doing.  So yes, bullshit on me!
 
Today was great though.  I was not pissed off, my head felt clear and my workout today was amazing!  I did Diamond Cutter and my heart-rate was an average of 138!  It is funny how once I let go of the negativity, how light I felt. 
 
So to everybody on www.teamddpyoga.com, the ddpyoga group on Facebook, and all my fellow Kylego-ers, Thank you all for your words of support!...and DDP, if you read this, this was no bullshit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment